Eating at Lee Byre
Our food is locally sourced and grown onsite as much as possible. Our weekly menus are seasonal, using the very best our region has to offer. Lovingly prepared by Nina, our chef, and her very able assistant Philippa. Food is at the heart of Lee Byre and brings us together after a day's walking or whatever adventure we've had that day.
Bed and Breakfast
Our basic room price includes breakfast. This is a great option if you like the flexibility of planning your own meals during the day. This will include:
- A hearty breakfast side to get you started, most of which we lovingly make at Lee Byre, including our own: award-winning honey (well, our bees to that), marmalade, granola, freshly baked artisan bread, and warm banana bread muffins. We also prepare a fresh fruit salad every morning, provide you with local milk and butter.
- Alongside which we will also offer you a cooked Devonshire breakfast, which is locally sourced, or an option of banana and cinnamon porridge.
- Unlimited tea and coffee is also available throughout the day and evening.
We like to eat well and your stay at Lee Byre can be full board. To take full advantage of Lee Byre, allow us to cook for you. We highly recommend this option to our guests. This can include:
- A scrummy packed lunch to energise and ensure you get the most out of your day. Typically this would include: a bottle of water, a hearty sandwich filled with butchered ham, devonshire cheese and a homemade apple chutney, a homemade scotch egg, a homemade energy bar, cookies and fruit for a sweet hit to sustain you throughout the day. Price: £7 per person.
- A two course evening meal using the very best seasonal foods from our own kitchen garden, supplemented with local meats from our region. Nina, our chef, prepares the evenings meals freshly onsite and has developed an exciting weekly menu that can accommodate all dietary requirements. Along side a warm bread starter, served with our own wild garlic pesto, enjoy a hearty sized main course followed by a dessert that will leave you full and satisfied! We also offer a selection of soft and alcoholic drinks to accompany your meal. Price: £19 per person.
Let us know if you have dietary requirements, we can cater for most ways to enjoy food.