Eating at Lee Byre
Picture homegrown and homemade Devon delights that use locally sourced provisions; lovingly prepared by Nina, our chef. Our suppers are complimented with foraged foods from the woods and hedgerows around us that we pick daily. Ask us during your stay and we’ll happily take you with us!
Great food is at the heart of Lee Byre. It is how we start the morning and it brings us together at the end of a day's walking or whatever adventure we've had that day.
Breakfast is included in your room price. You can expect:
- A hearty breakfast side to get you started, most of which we lovingly make at Lee Byre, including our own: award-winning honey (well, our bees do that), marmalade, granola, freshly baked artisan bread, and warm banana bread muffins. We also prepare a fresh fruit salad every morning, provide you with local milk and butter.
- Alongside which we will also offer you a cooked Devonshire breakfast, which is locally sourced, or an option of banana and cinnamon porridge.
- Unlimited tea and coffee is also available throughout the day and evening.
We have other alternative treats for Vegan and Gluten-free preferences - please get in touch to find out more.
We like to eat well and your stay at Lee Byre can be full board. To take full advantage of Lee Byre, allow us to cook for you. We highly recommend this option to our guests. This can include:
- A scrummy packed lunch to energise and ensure you get the most out of your day. Typically this would include: a bottle of water, a hearty sandwich filled with butchered ham, devonshire cheese and a homemade apple chutney, a homemade scotch egg, a homemade energy bar, cookies and fruit for a sweet hit to sustain you throughout the day. Price: £7.50 per person.
- A two course evening meal using the very best seasonal foods from our own kitchen garden, supplemented with local meats from our region. Nina, our chef, prepares the evenings meals freshly onsite and has developed an exciting weekly menu that can accommodate all dietary requirements. Along side a warm bread starter, served with our own wild garlic pesto, enjoy a hearty sized main course followed by a dessert that will leave you full and satisfied! We also offer a selection of soft and alcoholic drinks to accompany your meal. Price: £19.50 per person.
Let us know if you have dietary requirements, we can cater for most ways to enjoy food.